As a public institution of higher education, Iowa State University promotes free speech and the open debate of ideas. Please review the links below for more information about campus policies and guidance as well as resources for reporting issues or concerns.
Policy and Reporting
Policies and Guidance
- Free Speech | Outdoor areas | Indoor areas
- General Rules for Facilities and Grounds Use
- Display of posters, advertisements, etc.
- Chalking on Campus
- Discrimination and Harassment
- Use of Information Technology Resources
- Faculty Professional Ethics (Faculty Handbook, page 110) | Professional and Scientific
- Syllabus Statement on Free Expression
- Political activity on campus | Demonstration Safety Team
- Conflicts of Interest and Commitment | Ethics and Lobbying (Iowa Code)
- Code of Business and Fiduciary Conduct | Personal Conduct (Iowa Code)